- Schluter DITRA-XL is designed to prevent cracking and delamination of ceramic tile, stone tile, porcelain, cement, granite, marble, and other flooring coverings. Available in 20-175 Sq Ft size variations
- DITRA-XL provides uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management, and heavy load distribution. It is 5/16" thick and allows even transitions between tile and hardwood flooring
- Schluter Systems Ditra XL polyethylene waterproof material for bathroom floor tile removes excess vapor thanks to its unique design. It prevents damage to both the bathroom tile and water-sensitive substrate underneath
- Schluter DITRA-XL waterproof membrane can be used to protect steam rooms flooring, sauna flooring, bathroom tiles. You also can use it as kitchen tile underlayment (underlayment membrane), shower surround, and bathtub surround
- DITRA-XL ensures the durability and integrity of tile installations. The membrane allows for tile application over single-layer plywood or OSB subfloors, concrete, gypsum, etc.
About the Product:
Schluter DITRA-XL is available in 20-175 Sq Ft size. You can choose the size you need (multiple of 10 Sq Ft). The waterproofing membrane is 3'3" wide, and the length will be customized depending on the total Sq Ft ordered.
It is the ideal solution for ceramic, porcelain, cement, granite, marble, glass, mosaic, natural stone tiles, concrete blocks, linoleum, and carpet tiles. DITRA-XL is a polyethylene membrane with a grid structure and anchoring fleece laminated to the underside. This Schluter floor underlayment provides uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management, and load distribution for the tile covering. It allows for even transitions between tile and hardwood flooring.
DITRA-XL ensures the durability and integrity of a tile installation by preventing tile cracking. It creates an under tile waterproof layer to protect water-sensitive substrates, while removing excess vapor from tiles. It also supports and distributes heavy loads protecting the tiled surface. The anchoring fleece of the membrane (in-floor mat) is embedded in thin-set mortar adhesive for mechanical bonding to the substrate.
In addition to DITRAXL, you may also use waterproof board or a Schluter shower system to complete your shower, steam room, or bathroom renovation. Using waterproof wall panels for showers and floor tile membrane underlayment will take your home improvement project to another level. It could also be used with Ditra Heat (DH512M) or Ditra Heat DUO (DHD810M) membranes (heated floors).
DITRA XL by Schluter Systems LP is a premium underlayment product for tile, laminate flooring, and vinyl plank flooring. It provides an extra layer of protection by preventing tile cracking (crack in the floor).
The matting is virtually incompressible within the tile assembly, so you get the uncoupling features without sacrificing point load distribution capabilities. It is ideal for a professional or DIY project involving stone tiles flooring underlayment (tile membrane underlayment).
Noticed any problems with the product?
Contact us with the detailed description and we will fix the mistake