- Mapeguard UM 35 is a waterproofing and vapor control HDPE flooring underlayment with high-performance crack isolation up to 1/8 Inch (3 mm). It has a uniform thickness with a low profile
- Mapeguard membrane for home improvement has a vapor management capabilities of up to 25 lbs (11.3 kg) in MVER and circular-shaped cavities for easy troweling
- It is designed for installing floor tile over existing non-cushioned resilient flooring. UM35 is designed to perform over challenging substrates, such as young concrete and single-layer plywood subfloors
- You can use Mapeguard UM 35 with interior residential and commercial floor tiles (homes, apartments, condominiums, office buildings, restaurants, galleries, and malls)
- It is rated "Extra Heavy" according to the ASTM C627 Robinson Wheel test for load resistance. Besides, it exceeds A118.12 and A118.10 crack-isolation standards and has excellent compression strength
About the Product:
Mapeguard UM 35 is a thin (1/8"), lightweight, flexible premium underlayment membrane with a rough surface and polypropylene fabric backing for preventing cracks. It provides superior flooring protection, crack isolation, and waterproofing for ceramic tile and stone installations. UM 35 compensates for differential movement in all directions, neutralizing tension between the substrate (concrete or wood structures) and tile. It is made from high-density polyethylene, which provides excellent flexibility, making it easy to apply on complex, uneven surfaces. Moreover, it offers some soundproofing properties, reducing noise transmission through the floors. Mapei Mapeguard UM 35 floor underlayment is approved for waterproofing for TCNA environmental exposure classifications Res1, Res2, Res6, Com1, Com2, and Com6.
Mapeguard tile membrane underlayment can also be used when renovating older kitchen tile flooring and bathroom floor tile, including DIY projects. It addresses the existing in-plane cracks in the bathroom tile subfloor and prevents lateral stresses in plywood floors from being transferred to the finished tile floor or stone tiles. It is installed using the uncoupling membrane mortar (thin-set mortar adhesive) and comes in a convenient size of 3.3 Ft by 98.4 Ft.
Mapei Mapeguard UM waterproofing uncoupling membrane for tile is easy to cut and uniquely engineered to deliver waterproofing, crack-isolation, and vapor-control home solutions. The UM 35 tile underlayment is approved for residential and commercial use with high demand for vapor protection and crack prevention of bathroom tiles. This high-quality infloor uncoupling underlayment can be used with ceramic, porcelain, cement, granite, marble, glass tile, mosaic, natural stone tiles, concrete blocks, linoleum, and carpet tiles. Mapei UM 35 provides superior protection and stability for your floors, makes your tile waterproof. Its cost-effective waterproofing membrane provides excellent performance
Noticed any problems with the product?
Contact us with the detailed description and we will fix the mistake