- Custom Building Product RedGard Membrane is designed to prevent crack in the floor, fracture, and delamination of ceramic tile, stone tile, vinyl flooring, porcelain, cement, granite, marble, and other floor coverings
- One roll can replace 3-4 sheets of 1/4″ backerboard or a second layer of plywood in tile installations and laminate flooring. It meets ANSI A11812 Crack Isolation standards
- Membrane prevents damage to both the bathroom tile and water-sensitive substrate underneath. You can also use it as tile underlayment for the kitchen (underlayment membrane), shower surround, and bathtub surround
- Custom Building Product Red Gard Membrane can be used with interior residential and commercial floor tiles (homes, apartments, condominiums, office buildings, restaurants, galleries, and malls)
- RedGard Membrane provides uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management, and heavy load distribution. It is 1/8" thick and allows even transitions between bathroom tiles for floor and hardwood floor covering
About the Product:
The Custom Building Product RedGard Membrane is a premium underlayment solution designed to provide superior protection for ceramic, porcelain, natural stone, and other installations. This infloor underlay membrane is specially formulated to help prevent cracks in shower floor tile and grout.
One of the standout features of the RedGard Membrane is its cost-efficiency. With just a single 1/8" thick roll, you can replace 3-4 sheets of 1/4" backerboard (6mm underlayment). It is used with polymer-modified thin-set mortar adhesive, which is recommended for bonding porcelain and difficult-to-bond flooring tiles. This membrane forms a strong bond thanks to its reinforced fleece bonding layer.
No fasteners are required for the installation, simplifying the process and saving time. Additionally, the mat itself is made from 70% recycled materials, showcasing its commitment to sustainability.
The RedGard Isolation Membrane functions as both a waterproof and vapor-proof uncoupling membrane for tile. This makes it suitable for crack prevention in porcelain, glass tiles, mosaic, natural stone, concrete blocks, linoleum, and carpet tiles. In case of excessive substrate movement, it effectively absorbs stress, preserving the surface and integrity of the ceramic floor tile.
It is easy to install and compatible with different tile types offering superior protection and stability for your waterproof flooring projects. Whether used in standard applications or over challenging substrates, the in-floor RedGard Membrane ensures the longevity and performance of your tile installations. RedGard tile membrane underlayment can also be used when renovating older kitchen tile flooring, basement flooring, and bathroom floor tile. This includes DIY home improvement projects too. RedGard addresses the existing in-plane cracks in the bathroom flooring tile subfloor and prevents lateral stresses from being transferred to stone tiles flooring and other floor underlayment types.
Noticed any problems with the product?
Contact us with the detailed description and we will fix the mistake